Supporting Ageing in Place
Supporting Ageing in Place has now closed for proposals.
We are looking to fund groups and organisations working with communities to deliver projects in specific neighbourhoods across Greater Manchester. You might want to buy more equipment, improve your venue, run an activity or hold an event for older people.
We want to help you make places more age-friendly and encourage older people to spend time with others, especially those from marginalised and low income communities.
The second round of funding for Supporting Ageing in Place is now open to deliver projects of up to £2,000. We want to fund what older people in your area want. Projects we have funded in the past include:
- A sensory gardening project for local older people
- An online ‘Brew & Natter’ group for marginalised older women
- Developing the outside space of a local Community Centre to increase its accessibility
- An IT skills development project for men aged 60+ with physical and mental health needs.
- Installing benches in the local area
- A ‘Rainbow Walk’ walking group for LGBT older people
- A local ‘dementia café’ group for older people and their carers
Deadline to submit your proposal: midday, Monday 26th July
We are looking to invest in a wide range of small projects from groups and organisations working in:
- Gorton (Manchester)
- Old Moat and Withington (Manchester)
- St James’ (Oldham)
- Kirkholt (Rochdale)
- Swinton (Salford)
- Reddish (Stockport
- Clifford (Trafford)
- Wigan North (Wigan)
- Bury East (Bury)
- Stalybridge (Tameside)
- Farnworth and Kearsley (Bolton)
If you have a good project idea that supports marginalised older people to increase their social connections, we encourage you to contact firstname.lastname@example.org so we can link you in with local support to develop your idea.
Support to Apply
We want to support you to put in a proposal so please get in touch with us at email@example.com if you think we could help.
Please also see our Frequently Asked Questions page.
How to apply
Please read the Proposal Guidance in full before making your proposal:
- Proposal Guidance for Supporting Ageing in Place (pdf)
- Accessible Proposal Guidance for Supporting Ageing in Place (pdf)
CLICK HERE TO COMPLETE THE ONLINE PROPOSAL FORM - NOW CLOSED
Note that you cannot save the online form part completed, therefore we recommend that you gather all the information prior to completing the form. You can find a paper version of the proposal form below which you can complete, then copy and paste your answers into the online form.
Please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about completing the online proposal form.