Round 2 now open: Apply now for up to £2,000
Do you have an idea for a community project for older people?
We are looking to fund groups and organisations working with communities to deliver projects in specific neighbourhoods across Greater Manchester. You might want to buy more equipment, improve your venue, run an activity or hold an event for older people.
We want to help you make places more age-friendly and encourage older people to spend time with others, especially those from marginalised and low income communities.
The second round of funding for Supporting Ageing in Place is now open to deliver projects of up to £2,000. We want to fund what older people in your area want. Projects we have funded in the past include:
- A sensory gardening project for local older people
- An online ‘Brew & Natter’ group for marginalised older women
- Developing the outside space of a local Community Centre to increase its accessibility
- An IT skills development project for men aged 60+ with physical and mental health needs.
- Installing benches in the local area
- A ‘Rainbow Walk’ walking group for LGBT older people
- A local ‘dementia café’ group for older people and their carers
Deadline to submit your proposal: midday, Monday 26th July
We are looking to invest in a wide range of small projects.
Due to lower numbers of applications in round one from the following areas, we would especially welcome proposals from groups and organisations working in:
- Old Moat and Withington (Manchester)
- St James’ (Oldham)
- Kirkholt (Rochdale)
- Swinton (Salford)
- Reddish (Stockport)
- Clifford (Trafford)
- Wigan North (Wigan)
Limited funding is available for the following neighbourhoods but we still encourage you to make a proposal:
- Bury East (Bury)
- Stalybridge (Tameside)
- Gorton (Manchester)
- Farnworth and Kearsley (Bolton)
If you have a good project idea that supports marginalised older people to increase their social connections, we encourage you to contact email@example.com so we can link you in with local support to develop your idea.
Please visit our dedicated webpage to download the full proposal guidance and access the online proposal form.
Deadline: Monday 26th July, midday