We're hiring - Social Eating project officer wanted
We recently appointed Talk Listen Change (TLC) as the lead contractor on our Social Eating scaled programme.
The project sets out to increase the number of opportunities for older people to come together and eat communally in Greater Manchester. TLC are currently recruiting a project officer to lead the work.
The key responsibilities of the role are as follows:
- Work closely with Bury communities, organisations and partners to ensure that the project reaches out to vulnerable and marginalised older people in Bury and that voices from different sections of the community are heard.
- Build on and develop the networks and connections already in place and use learning from the AFA Bury programme to understand local needs.
- Develop, motivate and support existing and new volunteers to enable them to contribute effectively to the activities, events and projects delivered under the banner of Ambition for Ageing.
- Ensure the well-being and safety of volunteers by ensuring appropriate induction and support is taken into consideration.
- Liaise with other voluntary, statutory agencies and organisations in order to plan and prepare activities complementary to existing Groundwork projects throughout the boroughs.
- Assist in the management of an investment budget to support social eating projects co-designed by older people.
- Be responsible for the planning and delivery of projects, which includes all the required elements as set by organisational quality standards e.g. safeguarding.
- Meet project target outcomes as set by the Education and Communities Co-ordinator.
- Support the Education & Communities Project Co-ordinator in monitoring and evaluating the work by gathering data, ensuring forms are completed and reviewing the information.
- Contribute to the creation of the social eating guide, capturing and sharing learning with partners as necessary.
- Work closely with other Groundwork projects to maximise the impact of the programme and support wider Trust targets.
- Be responsible for completion of all paperwork relating to Groundwork activities – attendance registers, lesson planning and risk assessments for example.
- Promote and publicise volunteering, education and community projects.
- Represent Groundwork at partnership meetings and events.
Hours per week 36 hours, 40 minutes
Fixed term contract to 31/01/21
Salary £17,701 to £22,106 per annum
For more details and an application pack, please click here
Closing date: 12pm, Monday 13 August
Interview date: Week commencing 27 August 2018.
Further information about this project is available on the Social Eating page of this website.