Age Proud Photography Competition
Changing the way people over 50 are represented in the media
Our partners, the Greater Manchester Older People's Network (GMOPN) are pleased to announce their new Age Proud photography competition. It aims to generate positive and realistic images of people over 50. Send us your photos on one of our six themes to be in with a chance of winning some great prizes.
Closing date is 2nd April 2020
- One overall winner will win an amazing £250 voucher for photographic equipment and their image will be featured in a GM Ageing Hub publication in 2020
- Six finalists (one for each theme) will win a photography masterclass with ‘NotQuiteLight’ photographer Simon Buckley and their image printed and framed
- 25-30 shortlisted entrants will receive a place in the touring exhibition in Greater Manchester and will be featured in an online gallery, with opportunities for wider exposure
- Entries will be judged by a panel including a professional photographer and a panel of older people. Shortlisted entries will be announced on this competition webpage on 6th May 2020.
- The six theme finalists and overall winner will be announced at the exhibition opening in central Manchester on the weekend of 16/17 May 2020.
The Age Proud project is also offering four, free Introduction to Photography workshops for groups of older people in Greater Manchester, to encourage older people to take part in the competition. The workshops will be delivered by award-wining photographer Simon Buckley (Not Quite Light) and these 2-hour workshops are available to book between the 2nd and 20th March. Click here for full information.
If you are interested in booking a workshop for your group or would like more information then please email Antonia Beck, Age Proud Photography Competition and Exhibition Project Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
Please direct any general enquiries to email@example.com or speak to the Greater Manchester Older People’s Network Team by calling 0161 834 9823