Age Friendly Places in Practice: Applying Learning to Real Life
We are excited to invite you to our series of online practice-based workshops on key issues for those developing age-friendly place-based work in localities across Greater Manchester, as we emerge from Covid-19 restrictions.
Each workshop will focus on a specific area of learning from Ambition for Ageing. Over the last six years, the programme has developed an evidence base on communities, ageing, equalities and co-production, and we want to share this learning and provide an opportunity to apply it in practice.
The workshops are designed for anyone working to make neighbourhoods more age-friendly, including project managers, community development workers, and neighbourhood volunteers.
Each workshop will include practical examples, a guest presentation, an opportunity to share ideas with other practitioners, and space to reflect on applying the learning to your own area.
There will be three workshops over the course of three weeks, with each being repeated to ensure everyone who wants to attend is able. You can attend just one workshops or all three.
Please use the links below to book your place:
- Meeting the Challenge of Taking an Equalities Approach to Place-Based Work
- Click here to book a place for Wednesday 26th May, 11am – 12:30pm
- Click here to book a place for Thursday 27th May, 3pm – 4:30pm
- The Value of Shared Spaces in Place-Based Working
- Click here to book a place for Wednesday 2nd June, 11am – 12:30pm
- Click here to book a place for Thursday 3rd June, 3pm – 4:30pm
- Coproduction in Sustaining Age-Friendly Places
- Click here to book a place for Wednesday 9th June, 11am – 12:30pm
- Click here to book a place for Thursday 10th June, 3pm – 4:30pm